Oh Papa!

Sir, when is the train to Bangalore reaching here?

It would come in next 10 minutes…

Thank you sir...

Oh Papa, how many times you would ask the same question to each and every one here. You just listened to the announcement..then.. why..

Nisha, the train is supposed to come at 8.45 PM, now the time is 10.00, they have already postponed the arrival 5 times…so…

All because of this stupid rain… didn’t know it would rain this far this time…

Ya, every time you come to see your parents, it rains…

Oh papa, I am more worried about what my friends would say… couldn’t go out and buy any sweets / namkeen for them… because of continuous rain... don’t know how I’m going to face them…

They are your friends, they would understand…

Yes, they would, but not with the same excuse every time I return from my home town...

Sir, I hope train would not be further delayed…

Yes, yes... it should come in next 5 minutes…

Oh papa, why are you making me feel ashamed in public… have some decency...

Enquiring about train arrival is indecent?

Yes, if you keep on asking for it every 2 minutes... I feel bad, from next time; don’t come to send me off okay…

How can I send you alone to station?

How can you send me alone to Bangalore? In the same way send me alone to the station when I visit you people next time...

Okay, okay, don’t get irritated at the last time, I would feel bad; I won’t ask you anything, happy…?

………

Looks like train is coming, stand little behind… come... come…

Oh papa... leave my hand... I’m not a small kid; I know to handle myself…

No Nisha, train would come in great speed, that’s why... so…

Oh papa, stop it…

Ok, okay… B1 Coach, III AC, 51 lower berth…

Ayo... papa… I know…

Why are you getting agitated so easily these days… you no longer wish to hear your old father’s words…?

Oh papa... definitely not if you keep repeating the same thing again and again like a customer care…

Train would stop here only for 5 minutes… so get to your coach quickly…. Come, come... rush…

We are standing just in the place where this B1 Coach would come, so no issues papa…

(After few mins..)

Ah… It’s fully dark inside the coach... already people have gone to sleep switching off the lights, how can we trace our seat, if these people switch off all lights...

Oh papa, please be silent... I know how to look…

See, this is 44, so 51 should be in the opposite…

Oh papa... don’t you see people sleeping, atleast be silent for sometime... don’t irritate me...

Eh someone is sleeping on our berth... hello Mr...! Mr…? this is 51, and is reserved for us, get up... hello…

PAPA…. Let me handle... tension mat lo… hello! Excuse me Sir... Excuse me! What’s your seat no..?

Train would leave in few minutes, hello, get up... Mr!

Papa… I’m telling you... you….

(After few mins..)

Abba... finally we got our berth... tie the suitcase with the chain, give the lock…

Papa... it’s a overnight journey, nothing will happen, I’ll take care...

No...No... Give the chain, let me tie it...

Papa... I have decided, next time I will come alone... no need for anyone to send me off...

My sweet girl... don’t get angry... see that’s it... just a second to lock...

Thanks for your advice…

Ok, take care ma… Have some breakfast and then go to office... Don’t hurry to office as soon as you reach home … as you might be late…

OK PAPA… now get down…

Your mother has given all paste & ready to cook powders, are all packed inside, keep it in fridge as soon as you reach home.. Otherwise it will get spoiled...

Oh! Ok pa…

Take care of yourself; drink only hot water, till this flu danger gets over…

Hot water-ah... ayo papa... you get down... I’ll take care...

You have got water na.. Or shall I buy you one…

Oh papa… I have got enough... Now don’t shout... get down… train is about to leave...

Okay... ma... Take care... Oh... as soon as you reach call us, okay... don’t get down anywhere..

Oh Papa... get down pa… please…

Ok ma... god bless you… take care… have this Rs.500 as my blessings… bye…tata…

(After few mins)

Oofff… Papa… you really irritate me so much these days... don’t you know I’m grown up and I can take care of myself... let me have some water and refresh myself and go to sleep…

Hi! Sorry madam... to occupy your seat... actually…I was waiting for you to come…

Waiting for me...?? Why?

Mine is the middle berth... People generally can’t sit if we put the middle berth…thought to put it once you get settled…

Oh thanks... but how do you know when will it get occupied?

…through the reservation chart … I knew you would come… so actually I was sitting and listening to songs... since the train was going in a snail’s speed, didn’t know when I went into sleep.. Didn’t really notice that the station has actually arrived…

Its ok... thanks… you seem to be very generous…

Yah... humanity service... Especially for good girls like you nisha..

Oh you know my name... how? Oh...yes... The reservation chart... it reveals more information that we want sometimes… so you are Mr…?

Venkat…

Yes... venkat.. Thanks for your help; you can now put your middle berth…

It’s okay... so was it your father... ?

Oh yah... Why you ask...?

No just like that…

Little old type... so sorry if he has created any commotion...

Eh...no issues... you are very lucky to get such a doted father… who will at this age, would do this much... ! only fathers can do for their daughters…

Oh yah!

So you have bus facility after 10 in your place? It’s raining as well... how will you father go back home? Did he drop you by his car?

………

Nisha... hello!

Ah... sorry...k.. I’m tired, good night…

Oh sorry, gud night... !!

(After few mins)

Oh papa, did I miss something… I didn’t even care, how you will reach home… it’s already raining... we had tough time getting an auto to reach station from home... now how you will go back...? no bus ply after 10 to our place... papa…

Can’t call you as you don’t carry mobile... Our house number is dead… how will I reach you..? Oh papa... I’m very sorry... didn’t realize your plight till some unknown idiot guy had to make me realize that…

Why we fail to understand old people genuine feelings just because they are outdated as we MNC crap generation thinks… after all you only cared for me throughout, but I kept on firing you with my words… it is still raining heavily outside, buses not operating, auto not available, it’s more than 10 km to reach home from the station, where are you now papa?

Oh papa……

2 comments:

ArtyCrafty said...

yeah..when it comes to parenting
dads and moms always take care a lot.. :)
nice to read the last lines and theme-flow is nice :)
DT is back to form..

Princess said...

hey nice touch, parents are to be treasured :D