U Turn


(A Musical sorry Lyrical story)

Please take your seat…

Thank you sir….

Please, no formalities...ah... Madhu, and you can call me Venkat...

Its ok sir, I am comfortable calling you that way, first of all thank you for trusting me and giving me your home address...

Frankly madhu, I was first apprehensive in letting you know my personal details…



It’s understandable sir…

You see, someone visiting my blog, and asking for my contact & address straightaway, whom I don’t even know before… it’s something amusing for me… and at the same time I was wondering if it’s just a hoax

I would be thinking the same if I was in your position sir…

That’s why I asked your contact number first, and after we discussed for a while, I was assured you as a genuine… and I gave you my address... please don’t mistake me ok!

Absolutely not sir, by the way you have a very good house...

Ha-ha...Thanks...now tell me why you wanted to meet me? You were adamant in not letting me know the reason over phone…

Something’s are better discussed in person rather than on phone; by the way meet my assistant bhandarkar… very talented boy…

Hello sir…

Hi...Hello…so madhu tell me how you landed up on my blog... and why you wanted to meet me...

First of all let me introduce myself once again, I’m madhu and I have worked as Assistant Director for quite few films with big directors…

Ah ha...

Now I wanted to come out and create a name for myself… so I was looking for a good story for past few months…

… ….

My assistant accidentally came across your blog and he asked me to take a look…

Okay…

Frankly, you have a very good blog, and your stories on varied topics fascinated me…

Ha-ha… you must be joking… you would have seen the response I get for my stories… hardly any comments, hardly any visitors…

Sir I think the problem is, people do visit your blog and read your stories, but they are too tightfisted to put any comments, I believe…

No idea… oh ok sorry to interrupt you… yeah...you visited my blog, you read my stories I believe... and you got fascinated, now what?

As I said, I was looking for a story for quite some time, and I would like to make a film based on one of your stories…

What? A film on my story....you must be kidding right?

No sir, believe me… if you don’t trust me, I’ll give you few DVD’s of films where I have worked as Assistant Director…

No, no... Ah Mr. Madhu, I am not saying that I don’t trust you, I trust you as a person, but not on your words…

Will you believe me if I give you an advance cheque…

Eh, come on… I only crave for recognition for my kids not money...

Kids….?

Oh sorry, kids I mean my stories… I call them kids...you see…

You call your stories as Kids...quite interesting...

Yeah… as you know out of millions & millions of sperms, only the strongest and healthiest will reach the egg, Then it is a race to see who can burrow into the egg first, once one is in that is it, All the others die and are absorbed.

… …

In the same way, millions & millions of thoughts enter into my brain which have the potential to be made out as a story, but only few develops & other dies.

… …

Finally like a small fetus which develops into an infant from a womb, one small strong thought develops into a story after it remains inside me for some period.

Beautiful sir…

That’s why I call my stories as kids, they might be good, they might be bad, but still they are my baby and I treasure them…

Now you know why I have come to you… I liked one of your kid sir…

I really don’t know how to react to this… I still can’t believe one of my kids is going to be made as an adult…

Why, you don’t believe your stories have that potential…?

I never know… for a mother, her child is always a gold, so is me for my stories, as I said before, I never get to receive any constructive criticism for my stories, so I don’t really know how my stories are being received…

But trust me, I was looking for a subject which isn’t dealt before and I found one in your blog…

Really? So which one of my kid you liked?

Best Pal?

Best Pal?

Yes, I really liked your story “Best Pal” and I wish to make it as a film...

Oh no, do you think it will work? It’s a small story on friendship...

Yes, that’s what I want… sir, there are thousands of movies which come out every year, but I am still to see a film based fully on friendship, their love, their fights, their turmoil…

Eh, come on....there are movies on friendship...

May be yes, but all friendship in films unfortunately ends up in love, but not in my film, and not in this story…

Eh come on… I’m happy that you have come here to meet me and I’m grateful that you liked my story, but let us end it here… I don’t want to be fooled...

Please sir, believe me, this story will work, like in love, even friendship has its’ own success & failures, those expectations, those sacrifices, those caring, those feelings, those sweet nothings, which exists in love, does exist in friendship too, and this has never been explored in films.. And I believe we can explore it now…

But it’s a small story, how can you make it a 3 hour movie…

That’s why we are here for, you leave the screenplay to me, I’ll take care, all I need is your story and I also want you to write lyrics for the songs in this movie...

What? I hope I’m not day dreaming... you want me to write lyrics for the songs… this is crazy stuff… let’s end our discussion here...

(to be contd.)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMF….once again a commendable writin BOSS!....n the best part is personification of all that stories which u have called as ur kids…n den da whole concept behind callin dem as KIDS…

Newaz jokes apart….now serious business…now if dis story alike ur oder story is factual den….u knw how gr8…ACTOR…I am…MADHU will be amazed to find a MIND BOGGLING actor as FRESh as me….so stop laughinh n think over….Plz cum bak 2 me fast…oderwise…u knw…how busy I am…DATE PROBLEMS…overpacked schedule…..I hope u U’stand… :)

Anonymous said...

Assuming you are not busy as I find lot of blog updates. Hee hee heee……… Nice one (U turn) just I suggestion “change the name of the characters (Venkat, Madhu…)” The story gets a south Indian feel. Put some filmy names

Princess said...

story inside a story eh?
kool.