It's only Time...

(Tring.. Tring…)

Hello…

Ah Babu, Nishant here… Jyotsna reached home?

No sir? Madam is still not arrived home…

Oh ok, what is Kaniska doing? Did she have food?

Yes sir, she is now asleep, do you want me to call her?

No, no, it’s ok... don’t wake her up, did she cry while taking food… ?

Not today sir, she was watching some cartoon channel, had food and now in bed… nothing to worry... sir…

Oh ok... When Jyotsna comes, tell her I called …

Ok sir, By the way, how is the weather there? I heard its pretty cold in UK…

Wow, when did Babu in Calcutta started knowing the weather conditions in UK?

From the time you went to UK for business trip for four months, any news from UK interests me sir…

Not bad… not bad… I am happy you keep reading newspapers babu… I just don’t want to keep you as a mere servant in my house... keep learning...

Thank you... I will do it … All your blessings sir…

Ok, I have some meeting to attend…. Will talk later… bye…

Bye sir…

______________

OK Shamita, I am getting late… Have to go home… Once again congratulations for your Engagement and I know you just can’t keep waiting for your marriage day… Ah!

Haha.. I bet… You know what Jyotsna more than me, my fiancée is dying hard … I can wait you see… just for his sake, I want to get married soon; otherwise I am not in hurry…

Ah... ah... For your information, I am your senior and have more than 5 years of experience in this marriage world… I know who is dying and who isn’t…

Whatsoever but thank you once again for coming...? I was wondering if you could make it up or not… after all it’s pretty far away from your home..

Ya… it is... But how can I miss my dear friend’s engagement… tell me…

Oh ya… you could have brought Kaniska too here right... after all your husband is out of India… she would be alone at home…

That way I am lucky, I have a very smart & matured daughter... she doesn’t trouble me much... and I have also promised her to take her to the nearby park tomorrow evening… so she is happy for it…

Oh great... I only hope he too is understanding and post marriage let me live as I want to...

Who? Your fiancée…

Ya.. That way you are very lucky Jyotsna… you have been living your life as you wanted to… even after marriage… not many get that sort of life…

Yeah… marriage is the interval you get in the movie... you never knew how the second half would be… hahah… In that way I am lucky... both my first half and the second half is as per my liking…

I am afraid, if we would be able to see each other more often as we used to do before… you see… those movies, those hang outs.. those funny naughty things we do, keep talking hours together with our gang… I will miss all those…

Eh, you are saying as if you are in the death bed... come on... you are getting married… Shamita…

Yeah... don’t you think getting married means putting a full stop to a woman’s personal desires…? Do you think I can still be the same as I was after marriage…?

Do you think I have changed... did I ever said no to any of our gang outing plans? I was there whenever you people wanted me right...

Not everybody get as understanding husband as Jyotsna gets yaar… tell me where is Nidhi, Sheela or for that matter our gang leader Manisha today?… all vowed to be together, but they are nowhere to be seen today after their marriage.. I am telling you, marriage puts a full stop to one’s individual desire… no more outings, no more friends, no more late night sitting…

Eh, Shamita, don’t get emotional, I know John, he would let you live your life as you want to... I bet…

____________

(Late Night)

Babu… Did Kanishka had milk before she went to bed?

No Madam… she refused to take…

Oh God! How many times I told you to ensure that she has her milk before she goes to bed…

I tried my level best, but she refused to take, I could not force her on it… sorry madam…

Oh Babu… I don’t know what to do with you…. Forget it... Then did Nishant called up?

Oh yes Madam, sir tried 2-3 times… he was saying your mobile was not reachable…

Did he leave any message…?

No Mad…

(Tring.. Tring.. )

It must be him…. Hello… !

Hi Jyotsna… Nishant here… When did you turn back?

Just now darling... Shamita engagement went well…. Had a great time… it was fun... so how are you doing? It must be lunch time there…

Ya I am doing fine…. Is kaniska around?

Ah No, she has gone to bed long back… even today she went to bed without having milk, I just don’t know what to do with Babu… How can he be so irresponsible…?

You think it is Babu’s fault?

Of course… I told him strictly to give her milk before going to bed… and...

Did he forget?

No he didn’t, he says Kaniska refused to take… she is a small child... How can she know what is good for her, and what is not?

Right... I agree... leave that… so what were you doing in the evening. ?

Oh…. As soon as I came from office, I had some work over Internet, finished that... had some work in kitchen, did that… ironed my dresses, left for the engagement.. that’s it..

What was our kid doing?

Ah, she is my darling Angel... you know she mostly never disturbs me, she was quiet, reading her comics books, playing with her stuff… didn’t trouble me at all…

You were not there with her?

She didn’t require me Nishant… she was quiet with her own self & stuff…. I would have gone if she needed me… why you ask?

No, just like that…I was just wondering, if she knew when she requires her mother, when not?

What’s your point?

Well, when you are right in pointing out Babu’s fault as how does the kid know which is right for her, which is not… don’t you agree, as a mother it is necessary for you to spend time with our daughter, instead of waiting for her to call you, as you think, she knows better when to call you, when not to?

Come on Nishant, you think I am not looking after my daughter properly?

Well, I am not, but I just feel the time you are giving to your daughter is much less than what she needs…

But how can I make you understand, I am always there for her when she needs me... but she just doesn’t require my attention most of the time…

That’s what I fear Jyotsna, it should not happen for her at this early age that she just doesn’t want her mother at all… I just don’t want see the situation where she doesn’t even require the presence of her mother …

So you didn’t like me coming back late from the engagement…

Did I say that?

But I can understand…. You want me to cut down my outings and be at home most of the time… right?

Jyotsna… I never wanted you to be in the cage... I want you to fly free always... I still remember my request you to be as you are even after marriage... and continue to live the life as you wanted to... without any inhibitions… as I don’t want my wife to be tied down in the name of family responsibilities…

Then why this discussion here…

At the same time, I also fear your freedom doesn’t necessarily come at the cost of our daughter missing her mother… she might not ask for your attention directly, nevertheless it doesn’t mean you are not required there… she is a small child, whether or not she calls you, I feel it’s utmost necessary that you be with her most of the time as she is growing… she needs a shelter in the name of mother or father all the time, even though she may not feel the cold…

I got your point… But I just feel you are exaggerating things, I am there for her always…

If that’s the case, I am happy for our daughter that she has got a lovely mother… if not, I just request you to ponder over it... and do what’s best for our daughter… because so long as we were living, it just two of us, but now we have an angel for whose presence we are responsible.. and we have the moral responsibility to take care of it…

___________

(Next Day)

(Tring.. Tring..)

Babu… Nishant Here…. Is jyotsna around?

No sir, she has gone out…

Oh ya… I remember, she was telling me that she had to attend her friend’s birthday party…

No sir, she cancelled it… she has gone now with Kaniska to the children’s theme park in the morning and told that she will be back by evening only…

Oh is it!!!.. Great.. Ok Babu... see you later…

(Tring Tring)

Eh Jyo, Nishi here… what’ up? You didn’t go to your friends’ birthday party?

Oh you called home…! You only said na, I am not spending time with my daughter…

Oh Jo…

Haha… Just kidding... I am still right to say that I am doing all that I can do for my daughter so far… but at the same time, I am not denying that you are wrong.. Your fear is justified and quite right...

Hmm…Thanks…

So I have decided to cut down my personal interests a bit and live my life for my daughter... after all now her life is my personal interest too …

Oh Jyo, I love you…

Hahah.. You happy?

Ya, but I still have another complaint against you…

Oh god, what now?

People say you still don’t look like a mother?

What? What else you want me to do?

I am not talking about your character, I am talking about your physical look, guys complain you still look like a teenage girl…

Oh that you should take it as a compliment dear…

I can’t... and I am going to work seriously on that once I return back from UK…

Oh god, what are you going to do now? I don’t go to beauty parlor either...

No, I have some other plans… I am going to make you look like a mother again as Kaniska too was asking for a brother to play with… so…

Haha..You Idiot... keep the phone down…

I love you Jo…

I love you too Darling...

I too love you Mamma…

(Kaniska hugs Jyotsna)

4 comments:

Vikram said...

What a story Sirjee.... I am simply amazed wid ur writing style.... Now the expectations are gone high...

Princess said...

loved the flow and the sweetness never fades in your writings..

keep inspiring..

JayaChithra Subramanian said...

I was a reader in you blogpage long long time ago ! Why did the connection break ? LOL
I never knew .
Awesome post ! Really good one :)

Deepa said...

Sometimes we take things for granted in life. This simple story is just a reminder that there is much more to lifeat than just being caught up in i our own strings.