U Turn - 2


(A Musical sorry Lyrical story)

First Part here

What? I hope I’m not day dreaming... you want me to write lyrics for the songs… this is crazy stuff… let’s end our discussion right here...

No sir, I’m serious….you can absolutely do it…

Come on yaar… I don’t know even know to write a proper story, just simply making up with some nonsense every week… and now you want me to write lyrics… that too for a movie…!



You are very modest sir….

Hello! Tell me something are you insane or what?

Ok you tell me something, if you say you don’t know to write poem, then what is that ‘where are they” all about?

That is ah…

That’s what I want… the same amount of passion, the same amount of pain that you have expressed there; I want similar ones for my story... infact I’ll use it for one my of the situation song for this movie…

Arae yaar… I wonder where it’s gonna end…

Where are they? Words which doesn’t hurt, where are they?
Where are they? Nose which smells fake concern, where are they?
Where are they? Hands which can hold those dying souls, where are they?
Where are they? Ears which hears other problems, where are they?
Where are they? Heart which can identify true love in midst of covering gold, where are they?

Wah… what lines sir… simply superb… and finally, where are they? Acts which promises hope for better day, where are they? ... Simply outstanding sir…

………

What sir, you have become silent… tell me onething… what made you to write such lines…

Ah… That’s none of your business ok!

Ok no problem, but certainly you must have experienced some pain or you would have hurt with some incident, which would have made you write such lines… sir… Believe me… I want such lines only… simple but still lot many hidden meanings behind it… anyone can relate with those lines… I don’t want hi-fi poetic stuff I want Gibberish stuff… and only you can provide it…

Ok, I’ll give it a try… not for your request, but for my own sake, let me see if I’m capable of bringing one more…

Oh that’s wonderful sir… Thank you, thank you very much… sir

Ok, what’s the situation?

Sir, you are the author of this story, you know better than me… in that story Best Pal, you have created one beautiful character ‘Megha’… though Venkat doesn’t think her as friend, but still he is the best for Megha… Megha should have certainly expected so many things from Venkat initially, but he keeps disappointing her… Day by day… she starts realizing that her expectations are never gonna come true… but still she thinks he is her best friend… this is the situation.. I want your touch for this situation in the form of lyrics… please…

You seem to express my story well than me… ok… you call my secretary tomorrow and fix up a time to meet me…

Sir Secretary? You have a secretary too?

No I don’t, but I’ll have one now…

…..

Ah...come on yaar… I can joke too….

Hahaha… super sir, super…. We will have a comedy track in this movie too and you write it…

Before I say anything bad, please get out and come tomorrow….

(Next Day)

Madhu, I have written something that came on to my mind yesterday night…. Not sure if you are expecting something on same line…

No problem sir, I am very confident, you would have come up with some wonderful lines…

This one isn’t a poetically standard one, just simple dialogue I have penned down in the form of lyrics….

That’s what I want sir… today’s youngster want something which they can relate to... which they can sing when they want to…

Ok, okay, I don’t know what your youngsters want today… but let me share what I’ve scribbled down yesterday…

Yes sir…

Here you go…. It’s like:

You are my best friend!
So what if you don’t answer my SMS

You are my best friend!
So what if you don’t miss me

You are my best friend!
So what if you don’t treasure me

You are my best friend!
So what if you don’t share the reason for your disappointments

You are my best friend!
So what if I’m not the first person with whom you share your happiness

You are my best friend!
So what if you don’t like to know more about me

You are my best friend!
So what if we know each other only for few months

You are my best friend!
So what if we don’t talk to each other more often

You are my best friend!
So what if you don’t have time for me

You are my best friend!
So what if I’m not the all you expect from a friend

You are my best friend!
So what if you don’t think the same about me

You are my best friend!
So what if after hearing this you aren’t sure for whom I am feeling for

You are still my best friend!


That’s it Madhu… this is what came to my mind…. For me it expresses Megha’s feeling well enough…

Sir… marvelous sir… I didn’t expect you would come up with such gem… What a feeling sir? Friendship also have expectation, and these expectations are well expressed here… and at the same time if those expectations doesn’t come true, friendship doesn’t die there… still it blossoms like a bright Sun….

Which line you liked in it..

I really can’t pick one or two, because every line has a story on its own… So what if you don’t think the same about me, so what if I’m not the all you expect from a friend, so what if you don’t share the reason for your disappointments, you are my best friend! They are my favourites…

So what’s your favourite Bhandarkar…

The last one sir… So what if after hearing all this, you aren’t sure for whom I am feeling for, you are Still my best friend… I like that word ‘Still’ here… you know why? we always expect to get recognition for our love & care… if we don’t, we feel defeated & at times cheated…and ultimately we call the very same lovely relationship as illicit one… but here… the character even after it expresses all her expectation failures, it still treasure the relationship, it says inspite of all that you don’t do me for which I want you to do, “You are still my best friend’… simply touching lines…

Sir, tell me one thing… who is this Venkat? You introduce that character in almost every story… is it you? I am asking this because you too have ‘Venkat’ in your name… so is it you who expresses your true incidents in the form of story? Or what is it? Even in this story we have a character Venkat, is it you? Or do you come in any other name in your stories?

This is not part of your script right Madhu?

Yes, it’s not in the script, but I just wanted to know personally?

Madhu, this question is neither in my script too?

Sir, I don’t understand… what you mean here by your script?

Haha… Madhu, it’s time for climax… so far you have called the shots; now it’s time for me to say ‘pack it up’…

Sir…

I said ‘Pack it up’…

Sir I don’t understand sir…

Ok, I will say something that you can understand… now can you switch of your hidden camera…

Hidden... what… hidden camera… what … sir…

Madhu…you really act well…I know something more about you... Your real name… Cyrus Madhu … famous VJ & famous prankster… right?

Sir… I… I actually…

Cyrus… so far it’s you who made the innocent people a Bakra… but for a change I thought I’ll make you a Bakra…. What you think…. You come to me in a fine day and say that my story would be made as a movie and to top that you want me to write lyrics for your movie…. You thought I’ll start believing you and fall in your trap... so that you can make fun of my feelings… sorry sir… you have to go to the next door… not here…

I’m really sorry sir; it’s all made in a sporting sense… nothing really to hurt anybody’s sentiment…

That individual has to decide…not you or the producers of this show…. Now get out and don’t waste my time…

Sir please don’t take it personally…

I said get out... if you want to telecast this, show the full recording till what I’m talking right now, if you show only the edited portion, then I’ll take you to the court…

…….

Try to respect other feelings yaar… or atleast learn not to make fun of it…

(Next Day)

Thanks Soma, if not you I would have really fallen in their trap…

It’s ok Venkat... I really had doubts when you initially said that to me, thank god you told me right in the beginning… I could check out their stats… in the end you made them Bakra…

Not me, it’s we who made them Bakra…

That’s why I tell you now, start watching such shows, you can easily identify them next time…

Leave it yaar… But I really wish it would have come true… first I really thought they were genuine and I just couldn’t believe my story is being made as a movie yaar…. Cha…. Kya kya sapna dekha tha…

Arae … Dil pae mat lae yaar… one day it would come true… Cheer up man…. Cheer up…



No comments: